«Twilight Italian Forum & GDR» ~ The Host - L'Ospite ~ since 26/12/2007

Sequel??

« Older   Newer »
zimona
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 13:38

Exclusive: ‘Twilight’ Filmmakers Hope To Shoot Sequels Simultaneously

Published by Larry Carroll on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 8:12 am.

Nikki ReedIt was a gamble that paid off in a big way for the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, but may have helped sink the “Matrix” films. As for the “Back to the Future” flicks, well, that battle continues to rage on. Now, the “Twilight” series is the latest blockbuster franchise making plans to shoot multiple sequels at the same time.

“It’s been discussed,” producer Greg Mooradian revealed to MTV News. “I can’t tell you we’re at that place yet, but it’s definitely been discussed.”

The advantages to such a plan are obvious: Rather than building sets and tearing them down only to be re-built a few years later, they can film multiple scenes; instead of selling vehicles and re-buying them (such as Carlisle Cullen’s Mercedes, which can be seen here), they can hold on to them; rather than having thirty-year-old actors pretending to still be in high school, they can stay the same age in each film.

“Our vampires can’t age…if they were like 45, people would say ‘What’s up?’” laughed director Catherine Hardwicke, citing one of the main problems with filming Stephenie Meyer’s “New Moon” and “Eclipse” novels. “[Filming them together] could be the case. Then, you just get it done.”

The main actors indicated to us that they are signed on for sequels, and Hardwicke said she hopes to return as well. “We’ve got our fingers crossed,” she beamed. “If the fans show up for this one, we’ll get to make more.”

Mooradian explained that as a producer, his goal is to get the movies done right, but also to get them on film quickly enough to maintain Meyer’s vision of perpetually-teenaged vampires. “We’re going to go as fast as humanly possible, especially since there are at least four stories to tell,” he insisted, factoring in the “Breaking Dawn” sequel due to be published in August. “We’d like to keep a real consistency as to how quickly we are able to do it. Some of the other stories are even bigger productions, so they require more prep time.”

Eyeballing such near-annual events as the “Harry Potter” films, Mooradian indicated that if “Twilight” is a hit, the sequels will go into production almost immediately. “The goal is to keep it moving quickly,” he explained. “[That will] give the audience a sense of knowing that the next installment is going to come at a really specific increment of time.”

Reached for comment, Stephenie Meyer said that she supports the idea of shooting the sequels simultaneously. “I think that would probably be a smart way to do it,” she explained. “It makes sense in a world where actors are actually aging, and our characters aren’t. That makes a lot of sense to me, but of course, we are still negotiating the contract on that.”

If Meyer, Mooradian and crew can come to an agreement, and moviegoers turn out in record numbers, look for Twilighters to be over the (New?) moon with a marathon shoot.

“[We like the idea of] shooting them back to back, and shooting them simultaneously as they did with ‘Lord of the Rings’,” the producer explained. “From a production standpoint, it’s a great thing to do. But it’s quite an undertaking.”

Here’s your “Twilight Tuesday” question of the week, gang: Would you like to see the sequels filmed at the same time, or would you rather have everyone take a few years off to catch their breath in-between movies?

(Fonte)

Se decidessero davvero di girare i sequel (ovvero NM, EC e BD) in contemporanea sarebbe una cosa fichissima *____*
A loro converrebbe per spendere meno soldi ed evitare di smontare e rimontare le scene, per evitare di vendere e ricomprare le auto (solo quella di Carlisle costa tipo sui 200mila €!) e anche per evitare che gli attori invecchino troppo visto che i Cullen invece non invecchiano...
Comunque pare che gli attori principali di Twilight abbiano firmato (o siano in procindo di farlo) i contratti per i film successivi quindi... :shifty:

simona87
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 13:45

:o: :o: :o: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :ocioni: :ocioni: :ocioni: :ocioni: :ocioni: :ocioni:
ME MORTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*_________________________*
:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

< elettra >
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 14:03

ke belloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :lol: :lol: :D :o: :o:

Edited by !Den • Girl - 14/5/2008, 15:06

step86
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 14:09

è anche una furbata, che vada bene o no Twilight non avrebbe nemmeno senso smettere al primo film. Non avrebbero dovuto nemmeno iniziare, allora :nono:

E cmq, tra i vari libri, passano poche settimane dall'evento che chiude il libro precedente a quello che apre il libro successivo. Se lo fanno, optano per la scelta giusta *_*

!Den • Girl
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 14:09

Badtaste

Conferma le voci che avevo sentito *___*
Sono pazzi però..metti che non ha successo :fischio:

Il 2009 sarà un anno da infarto per noi italiani,tra BD e i film :lmao:

step86
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 14:12

successo lo ha, guarda quanti fan che ci sono :XD:

!Den • Girl
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 14:14

ma infatti ho messo la faccina che smonta l'intera frase :sisi:

secondo me avremo overdose di questa saga :XD:

step86
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 14:15

io (nonostante tutto :pff: ) non vedo l'ora :lmao:

!Den • Girl
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 14:17

siii cosi apriamo altre sezioni al forum *__*
e vediamo foto in cui Bella amoreggia con Jake :ph34r:

zimona
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 14:30

CITAZIONE (!Den • Girl @ 14/5/2008, 15:09)
Il 2009 sarà un anno da infarto per noi italiani,tra BD e i film :lmao:

Dany BD in Italia dovrebbe uscire ad ottobre di quest'anno, non nel 2009!!

!Den • Girl
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 15:16

si lo so,però io ho compreso anche il post libro :cry: e i vari infarti che ci verranno se finirà mai :cry:

cmq fanno bene a farli subito..meglio approfittare adesso della "bellezza" e ridarella di Robert..chissà quando ci ricapita :ihih:

zimona
view post Posted on 14/5/2008, 15:37

muahahah ma che cattiva!! dai poverino che almeno lui ce la sta mettendo tutta *___*

zimona
view post Posted on 19/5/2008, 14:41

stando a quello che dicono qui, le riprese del seguito di Twilight (ovvero New Moon) inizieranno all'incirca due settimane dopo l'uscita di Twilight nei cinema americani... quindi dovrebbe trattarsi approssimativamente dell'inizio di gennaio 2009

step86
view post Posted on 19/5/2008, 15:30

ma *_*

34 replies since 14/5/2008, 13:38   346 views